Download these 09 Free Business Meeting Minutes Templates in order to get assistance in preparing your own Business Meeting Minutes quickly.
Meeting minutes are important part of all types of meetings because these are recorded to keep track of all decision made during the meeting. Meeting minutes help you to analyze important decisions taken in the meeting. It is really crucial for all formal and semi-formal meetings to help attendees to resolve the important matters of the organization. Proper record of all meeting minutes will help you to get the reference of previous meetings while solving important matters. Preparation of meeting minutes look like a boring activity to common persons therefore these should be taken by those persons who know the procedures of taking meeting minutes. Method of minute recording depends on the formality of the congregation that is being held. Different formal and corporate meetings have rigorous rules that are necessary to follow each time.
Tips to Write Meeting Minutes
Meeting minutes serve as important document while taking different important decisions for the sake of organization. Following are some tips to write meeting minutes that will surely help you to prepare useful meeting minutes:
- In first step, you have to prepare a special format to record minutes of the meeting. It will serve as the guideline for future minute takers and you will surely get well written meeting minutes.
- Every meeting minute format features some things in common including date, time, place, name of the presenter, types of business meeting, details of committees or officer, important discussed matters and record of any vote that occurred.
- Try to include confidential details in the meeting minutes instead of writing every point of discussion in detail because meeting minutes are used as reference purpose only. You have to record important circumstances and decisions taken in the business meeting.
- You have to assign this task to a responsible person in advance so that he/she can record all important details according to pre-designed format. It is the responsibility of minute taker to transcribe and distribute meeting minutes to the important persons of the organization.
- You have to make sure that the original notes are securely preserved in the permanent record of meeting minutes in order to use them in future.
- Prepare different copies of meeting minutes for distribution such as share copies of notes with fundraising committee for further discussion and for the organization of upcoming event.
- Meeting minutes should be clearly written in easy to understandable language. It is necessary to send these minutes to concerned members in timely manner. Verify and approve your meeting minutes before the commencements of next meeting.
- Meeting minutes should be kept in the permanent record after getting approved and signed by the president. These are necessary to take after board of directors, social club or community meeting in order to keep proper record of decisions taken in the business meeting.
Free Business Meeting Minutes Templates
Here are previews and download links for these Business Meeting Minutes Templates.
Download link for this Meeting Minutes Template 01,
Here is download link for this Meeting Minutes Template 02,
Here is download link for this Meeting Minutes Template 03,
Download link for this Meeting Minutes Template 04,
Here is download link for this Meeting Minutes Template 05,
Conducting International Business Meeting
International meeting can be quite different from an ordinary meeting therefore its requirements are quite different also. It does not matter whether you are angling with a new customer or want to crack a deal with foreigner supplier you always require to talk with those people. It can be challenging to organize a meeting with those people who are from other country but with the help of latest technology and resources you can do this. You have to plan a perfect location for the meeting with all important technologies and accessories in order to make your meeting successful. Meeting attendees and technologies are equally important for the success of meeting because important tools and accessories make it easy for your participants to express their point of view. International meetings require following some etiquettes that have great contribution in the success of international business meeting.
Etiquettes of Communication
- People of different areas and cultures are usually invited in the international business meetings that can be a solemn barrier while communication with these customer.
- It is necessary to arrange an interpreter to make your communication easy with all people. An interpreter is also necessary to greet the attendees of different cultures in their own style.
- It is necessary to address formally to your guests with the help of surnames because it is not acceptable to use first names of international customers.
- If you want to put great impression on your guests then you have to research traditional greetings for the country you are dealing with to welcome them in their own style.
- You have to dress professionally and self-effacingly in international meetings according to the norms of the area. Women can wear skirts and hosiery while men should opt to wear well-tailored suits. Length of the skirt should reach at least to the knees because less than that looks awkward.
- You can keep important accessories with you including briefcase, portfolio and important extensions of your attire. Keep professional looking accessories with you because any spiral notebook and gnawed-on pencil will look unprofessional and disrespectful.
- Your professional look will benefit you in flight also by making your prominent among others. You can make a powerful connection with others during your flight.
- Your body language is really important because in professional atmosphere it matter a lot. You have to research about body languages of other countries also to behave well in international meeting.
- In some culture, it looks offensive to show the soles of your feet so you have to research about the body language issues of different countries according to the participants of your business meetings.
- Do not place your hands on your lap while business meeting and not even tries to cross your legs because it means you are ignoring the speaker in the meeting. Keep your hands on the table at all the time to convey an honest message.
- It is necessary to focus on the speaker because lots of hand gestures and head nods are not appreciative while business meeting.
Download link for this Meeting Minutes Template 06,
Download link for this Meeting Minutes Template 09,
The Benefits of Business Meeting Minutes Templates
The advantages of using business meeting minutes templates are pretty obvious. Save time by only having to write out what you already know. Use templates to speed up your writing and allow you to be more concise in your discussions. Also, by only needing to write out the basic information, you can spend more time on other things during the meeting. Be sure not to skimp on quality. Using a good template will ensure that everything is neatly done and spelled correctly.
There are many advantages to using templates as opposed to dictating everything in meetings or attending yourself. For one thing, it eliminates the need for you to start speaking from the floor or out of the box. With a template, the speaker just simply points out the information and the audience or members can take notes and move along. For another thing, there is no guessing or taking any risks. If you do not know something or do not understand a point, the template can explain it further so everyone understands. By using templates, you eliminate or greatly reduce the number of possible misunderstandings.
If you have to write everything yourself, you have to be extremely accurate and thorough. Since you are copying someone else’s work, there is always room for mistakes. However, the benefit of using meeting minutes templates means that you are going to sound professional and put together a great presentation. If you use the proper template, you will have an easy time writing your speech and ensuring everyone understands it. You will not have to deal with confusing pronunciation and provide updates or other information at the end of the meeting.
Many times people have trouble remembering meeting minutes. This is because they use their memory to quickly jot down notes or go over the points they discussed in the meeting. When using meeting minutes templates, everyone will be able to read what was said clearly without having to struggle with their notes. You will also be able to write down new ideas or things that were not covered during the meeting. This makes the meeting more effective because you can include new information and suggestions in the future.
Often, people go through meetings with different ideas. They do not understand how everyone else thinks or feels about the topic. This can lead to arguments or even problems within the business. However, this does not happen if everyone writes down their thoughts or anything new. This way, it is easy to go over the minutes later on and correct any problems. Remember that everyone has a right to their opinion and everyone should be treated with respect.
Finally, one of the greatest benefits of business meeting minutes is that they will save you money. When you are on a budget and you need to find a way to save time or money, it can be difficult to get everyone to agree on every idea that is brought up. However, when everyone has a clear understanding of what is expected from them, it becomes easier for everyone to work together to find a solution. Therefore, if you are going to hold a meeting, consider using templates so that everyone has an understanding of what is expected of them.